Sunday 22 May 2011

Hosting.

With my website almost complete, it's time to think about hosting.

Yes, i know that you can host with iWeb for about $90 a year, but as this is E&E, I imagine, i get more points if I can avoid start up costs and host this site for free.

Well I hate to say it, but I do believe I've found my answer.

There is a program called dropbox, which is basically software that allows you to share files from your mac online, by placing them in a public folder and uploading to their servers. Using this software you can actually host small sites. You do however end up with a horrible URL but using websites such as www.dot.tk which allows you to register a free .tk domain and set it up with a site, means an ugly URL is nothing to worry about.

A proper tutorial of what I've just done can be found below!

No comments:

Post a Comment