Sunday 22 May 2011

Andi Bennett Illustration

So after a lot of thought, and brainstorming, I eventually came to the conclusion that my business venture would revolve around illustration. I enjoy drawing and after a lovely email from our tutor Jared, he provided one of the most interesting ideas for the project yet. He mentioned that some of us should offer illustrated profile pictures for clients to use on their facebook, twitter or other social networking profiles. Along with this service i've decided it would be a good idea to offer commissions of images, so that I am not only boxed into one type of service. It also gives me the opportunity to charge different prices, depending on the type of service.

As for the delivery of my services, I have a couple of ideas. The easiest being online, I could set up a website, and take commissions via email with payment through paypal. I can also use social networking such as twitter or facebook to promote my services and hopefully encourage more clients.

My other idea is to perhaps attend one of the many summer conventions held in various venues around london. They tend to include an artist area, where you can rent a table and sell prints of your work. However, I would have to look into the pricing, and look into which conventions to attend, as some are aim at niche audiences and my artwork may not appeal to that target audience.

Lots and lots to ponder, and I also have to create prototypes for my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment